Skip to main content

Break Away...For a Little While

Tuning out in 5,4,3,2,1....I would like to have a break please! And no, I am not talking about a piece of a Kit Kat bar break. I am talking about a kick off my shoes, relax, don't cook, don't talk, don't, don't, don't, just don't do anything because I deserve it kind of break! Whew! I'm glad to get that off my chest.

It has been a minute since I have even posted anything because things have been so hectic and when I finally get some time to rest, I'm sleeping. A chick just doesn't have time to write anything and sometimes when the time arrives, I don't want to write because that requires thinking and my brain refuses to do such a thing when it's burned out. I feel bad, because Desi has watched more TV than I can stand over these past few weeks. I just need some time! I want to be by myself. Not forever, but for maybe a day. That's it. I want to enjoy a silent room and listen to my thoughts and connect with myself. Gosh, I saw a post on IG today that told me not to complain today, but I can't help it. I mean, I held it in most of the day, but it was burning me internally, so I had to get it out. Anyway, that's it. I'm done.

On a happier note, Desi got a big boy bed over the weekend!! GiGi and Pop Pop got him a nice bed and Desi loves it. He is finally sleeping in his bed all night! Before his new bed, Desi was sleeping in his crib. It was a crib that converted into a twin bed, but Desi still saw it as a crib and he often said that he did not want to sleep in his crib. Well, his big boy bed has solved the problem! He even plays in his room by himself! He picked out his comforter---Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Yeah, his room is pretty cool. Really, it's the coolest room in the house right now. He also got a cool Superman cape over the weekend. He has been running around the house saving me, daddy and the dog. He calls himself "Superman Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle." Now, you'll have to ask him how he can have all those powers wrapped up in one little body. Just don't challenge him...you might get hurt in the process.

You know, no matter how tired I am and how much I need to break away, I wouldn't trade any of this for anything else in this world because my world is right here and that's alright with me. BUT a sister still needs a break...don't get it twisted. LOL!

Night Night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warmth of the Snow

It was a cold and snowy Thursday morning. My icy cold hands fought to get Desi buckled up in his car seat. I gave him a kiss and headed over to my driver's side. I peered across the street and spotted this man walking his dog. I thought to myself, "He's pretty sexy." This overwhelming feeling comes over me and I revert to my school girlish ways. He approaches me with the warmest smile and I soon didn't feel so cold anymore. I am taken into his masculine arms and I am given a gentle kiss. We hold each other as the snow falls all around us. We gaze into each others eyes as we dance to "Down by the Bay" (songs in kid minor). LOL!  That moment with my husband meant so much. It was a rush rush kind of morning and to just take the time to embrace each other helps you to continue to remember the love you have for the one that was there before your child. Once you have a child, life tends to revolve around that little person. However, it is so important for t...

Star Wars and a Lesson Learned

Thursday night my husband and I snuck out the house to catch the 11:40p showing of Star Wars! My mother stays at our house during the week to watch Omari so she was fine with staying with the kids while we ran off to be teenagers again. As soon as we put the boys to bed, we rolled out (Roll Out by Ludacris plays here). It was exciting! Sometimes things are so surreal to me that it seems like my life is a movie and I will instantly que music in my head for the relatable scene. I felt a rush come over me while we tiptoed through the house and out the door. It felt like we were being rebellious. We were rebelling against the parental norms for the night. Once we got into the car, we just smiled at each other as I silently melted. His smile is a constant reminder of one of the many reasons why he is my husband. He is so fine (I Love Your Smile by Shauniece plays here)! He said, "You ready baby?" I nodded and we headed for the theater. He thanked me for coming with him and I could...

Long Time

It has been a long time since I've blogged. To be honest, I kinda lost interest for a few months. I guess it may have been because no one was reading it. I just happened to look at it today and it sparked up an interest again. I realized how much I just really like writing. So to heck with it. I'm gonna write. I don't care if no one will ever read it. With all that said, let's talk about motherhood. Desmond is 1 1/2 years old! He is busy as ever. He loves playing outdoors, especially in the rain. He says,  "Outside Mommy! Pay, I want pay!" Now who can say no to that? Oh! Wait Wait! I gotta share this first before I go any further. Two days ago, I came home with Desi (after picking him up from daycare). We walked in the house and he greeted our dog as usual. Then he yelled "D-A-A-D-Y!" I told him daddy wasn't home yet. He looked at me and said, "baketball?" How did he know that? Yes, my husband was out playing basketball. But how did h...