Skip to main content

Poop Catcher

Hello!! I've been gone for a while, but for good reason. I was studying for my state exam for my insurance license. I passed! I am now licensed to write and sell auto and home policies. Woo hoo! So I got my life back. Hubby was so great during this time. He took care of everything and supported me tremendously.

Now, Desi was supportive as well. He would join in on my studies. "Want to study with chew mommy," he would say. When I passed, he said "Good job mommy! So proud of you!" (of course daddy coached him). It just warmed my heart.

Anyway,  I have to share this hilarious story with you all. One night, earlier last week, we are trying to get Desi to poop in the toilet.  He just refused to sit his little butt down on the seat. We knew he had to poop, so we really wanted him to get on the toilet. My husband was speaking with his mother on the phone and she heard the commotion. She suggested that we just let him go pamperless for the night before going to bed. That way when he felt the urge to poop, he would have no choice but to go on the toilet. I thought that was a good idea, so we did. Desi loved the freedom. He started running around the house in all his barenakedness and I got back to studying. Desi started jumping on the couch and playing around and all of a sudden, I saw this brown object from the side of my eye. Desi had poop coming out of his butt!!! What was my initial reaction you ask? I scream "Oh no!!" and I went for an immediate interception. I stretched out my hand and caught his poop before the couch did. So I sat there, with poop in my hand, watching my squirming son. My husband comes running in and his eyes morph into something out of a comic book. He frantically told his mom that he would call her back. He ran towards Desi to pick him up and "plop," another brown one falls to the couch. Chris runs to the bathroom with Desi in his arms. Meanwhile, I still got this poop in my hands and a log on the couch. All I could do was laugh. It was hilarious! Better believe I throughly cleaned and disinfected the couch and my hand. My mother-in-law called back and we just cracked up! I mean, it was so funny but not so funny at the same time.

Call me the poop catcher...lol!!!!

Night night!

Comments

  1. That is hilarious! Keep trying he'll get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thanks gyrl, we will def keep trying. Hubby says he's gonna have a party once Desi's out of diapers. Lol!

      Delete
    2. Sounds fun I was thinking the same for Dj because hes been working so hard as a young trainee, lol in his undees now and I am so proud of him I was thinking of inviting desi and some more of his friends to join, maybe at chuck e cheese

      Delete
    3. Oooh! Yay! Let me know the day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Warmth of the Snow

It was a cold and snowy Thursday morning. My icy cold hands fought to get Desi buckled up in his car seat. I gave him a kiss and headed over to my driver's side. I peered across the street and spotted this man walking his dog. I thought to myself, "He's pretty sexy." This overwhelming feeling comes over me and I revert to my school girlish ways. He approaches me with the warmest smile and I soon didn't feel so cold anymore. I am taken into his masculine arms and I am given a gentle kiss. We hold each other as the snow falls all around us. We gaze into each others eyes as we dance to "Down by the Bay" (songs in kid minor). LOL!  That moment with my husband meant so much. It was a rush rush kind of morning and to just take the time to embrace each other helps you to continue to remember the love you have for the one that was there before your child. Once you have a child, life tends to revolve around that little person. However, it is so important for t...

Star Wars and a Lesson Learned

Thursday night my husband and I snuck out the house to catch the 11:40p showing of Star Wars! My mother stays at our house during the week to watch Omari so she was fine with staying with the kids while we ran off to be teenagers again. As soon as we put the boys to bed, we rolled out (Roll Out by Ludacris plays here). It was exciting! Sometimes things are so surreal to me that it seems like my life is a movie and I will instantly que music in my head for the relatable scene. I felt a rush come over me while we tiptoed through the house and out the door. It felt like we were being rebellious. We were rebelling against the parental norms for the night. Once we got into the car, we just smiled at each other as I silently melted. His smile is a constant reminder of one of the many reasons why he is my husband. He is so fine (I Love Your Smile by Shauniece plays here)! He said, "You ready baby?" I nodded and we headed for the theater. He thanked me for coming with him and I could...

Long Time

It has been a long time since I've blogged. To be honest, I kinda lost interest for a few months. I guess it may have been because no one was reading it. I just happened to look at it today and it sparked up an interest again. I realized how much I just really like writing. So to heck with it. I'm gonna write. I don't care if no one will ever read it. With all that said, let's talk about motherhood. Desmond is 1 1/2 years old! He is busy as ever. He loves playing outdoors, especially in the rain. He says,  "Outside Mommy! Pay, I want pay!" Now who can say no to that? Oh! Wait Wait! I gotta share this first before I go any further. Two days ago, I came home with Desi (after picking him up from daycare). We walked in the house and he greeted our dog as usual. Then he yelled "D-A-A-D-Y!" I told him daddy wasn't home yet. He looked at me and said, "baketball?" How did he know that? Yes, my husband was out playing basketball. But how did h...