You don’t really know who you are until you go through something. Sometimes true colors form a distasteful work of art. Other times colors bring forth a masterpiece. As you look at yourself as the distasteful work of art, you want to shred every inch of it to pieces, stomp on it, light a match to it and watch it burn, baby, burn. But this sweet revelation comes over you as you begin to peer into its darkness. You don’t like what you see, but it is an art…you are the art at work. Yes, those true colors came from a deep and dark place, but you have the power to change the makeup of that piece of work and turn it into a masterpiece. It may be a challenge as you try to create new strokes, but the more dedication and effort you put into it, the more you begin to see reflections of a new piece a work…this is the art of you.
Thursday night my husband and I snuck out the house to catch the 11:40p showing of Star Wars! My mother stays at our house during the week to watch Omari so she was fine with staying with the kids while we ran off to be teenagers again. As soon as we put the boys to bed, we rolled out (Roll Out by Ludacris plays here). It was exciting! Sometimes things are so surreal to me that it seems like my life is a movie and I will instantly que music in my head for the relatable scene. I felt a rush come over me while we tiptoed through the house and out the door. It felt like we were being rebellious. We were rebelling against the parental norms for the night. Once we got into the car, we just smiled at each other as I silently melted. His smile is a constant reminder of one of the many reasons why he is my husband. He is so fine (I Love Your Smile by Shauniece plays here)! He said, "You ready baby?" I nodded and we headed for the theater. He thanked me for coming with him and I could...
Comments
Post a Comment