Skip to main content

Body Control

It has been a month since my last post regarding my health. As of today, my heart is fine. My chest pains have subsided and the fatigue is no longer over-bearing. My latest blood test revealed that I have inflammation somewhere in my body. The doctors are not sure what the cause is. I went to the Rheumatologist and she confirmed that I did not have Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis or any other autoimmune disease. That was a relief to hear. Although I was relieved, I felt a little defeated. I was hoping to get some answers and a solution to the problem.

My mother suggested that I eliminate some of the medication I take. I tried eliminating my anxiety medication (with the help of my doc of course). I was going strong for about 2 weeks without it but found I needed to get back to taking it.

Next was the birth control. I read that birth control can be the culprit so I stopped taking it. I have known for some time that the pill does more harm than good on a woman's body but I didn't think this issue would apply to me. I may have been a bit presumptuious in that regard. Now that I have been pill free for about 3 weeks I feel like my birth control was sabotaging my body. I believe this may be the reason why my symptoms have subsided. I feel in control of my body. Could this be why I was sick? I am not 100% sure but it certainly seems to be the case. I do not have all the facts yet but I am determined to figure it all out. My little family has been so supportive and for that I am truly thankful. Onward and upward!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warmth of the Snow

It was a cold and snowy Thursday morning. My icy cold hands fought to get Desi buckled up in his car seat. I gave him a kiss and headed over to my driver's side. I peered across the street and spotted this man walking his dog. I thought to myself, "He's pretty sexy." This overwhelming feeling comes over me and I revert to my school girlish ways. He approaches me with the warmest smile and I soon didn't feel so cold anymore. I am taken into his masculine arms and I am given a gentle kiss. We hold each other as the snow falls all around us. We gaze into each others eyes as we dance to "Down by the Bay" (songs in kid minor). LOL!  That moment with my husband meant so much. It was a rush rush kind of morning and to just take the time to embrace each other helps you to continue to remember the love you have for the one that was there before your child. Once you have a child, life tends to revolve around that little person. However, it is so important for t...

Star Wars and a Lesson Learned

Thursday night my husband and I snuck out the house to catch the 11:40p showing of Star Wars! My mother stays at our house during the week to watch Omari so she was fine with staying with the kids while we ran off to be teenagers again. As soon as we put the boys to bed, we rolled out (Roll Out by Ludacris plays here). It was exciting! Sometimes things are so surreal to me that it seems like my life is a movie and I will instantly que music in my head for the relatable scene. I felt a rush come over me while we tiptoed through the house and out the door. It felt like we were being rebellious. We were rebelling against the parental norms for the night. Once we got into the car, we just smiled at each other as I silently melted. His smile is a constant reminder of one of the many reasons why he is my husband. He is so fine (I Love Your Smile by Shauniece plays here)! He said, "You ready baby?" I nodded and we headed for the theater. He thanked me for coming with him and I could...

Long Time

It has been a long time since I've blogged. To be honest, I kinda lost interest for a few months. I guess it may have been because no one was reading it. I just happened to look at it today and it sparked up an interest again. I realized how much I just really like writing. So to heck with it. I'm gonna write. I don't care if no one will ever read it. With all that said, let's talk about motherhood. Desmond is 1 1/2 years old! He is busy as ever. He loves playing outdoors, especially in the rain. He says,  "Outside Mommy! Pay, I want pay!" Now who can say no to that? Oh! Wait Wait! I gotta share this first before I go any further. Two days ago, I came home with Desi (after picking him up from daycare). We walked in the house and he greeted our dog as usual. Then he yelled "D-A-A-D-Y!" I told him daddy wasn't home yet. He looked at me and said, "baketball?" How did he know that? Yes, my husband was out playing basketball. But how did h...