Skip to main content

I'm Back!!!

Hello to everyone in the motherhood! It feels so good to be back. I had a few technical difficulties so I have been on hiatus. I hope that all is well. Desi is doing very well. He is moving right along. He is getting so tall and he talking up a storm. Just today he said, "That's just impossible!" Really? My husband and I just laughed. This boy seriously unpredictable. We are in such awe.

In other news, I really wanted to go on a "me-time" vacation this weekend, but I procrastinated with making reservations. I wanted to go somewhere I could connect with my thoughts without distractions. I wanted to dive into the Bible and do some personal study and have some one-on-one time with Jehovah God--my own spiritual retreat. Well, I will just put that in my back pocket. Until then, I will continue with finding little pockets of time to connect with myself. I truly believe that it is necessary. Only because I have been on the other side where I lost myself in my baby boy and my husband. Aisha left town without leaving a note on the pillow. Ever since, I have made it a goal to stay connected to me. Trust me, it makes everyone happy in the long run. This weekend turned out to be a spectacular one, despite the fact that my little vacation didn't happen. I had the most wonderful time with my 2 men and my other family members.

Anyway, I just wanted to welcome myself back! Lol! I can go on about everything, but then I would be typing until I burn holes in the keys of my keyboard. However, before I end this, I have to say that Chris and I experienced our first "walk-in." So...we were "coloring" tonight and our door was closed shut. Let's just say in the middle of everything I hear some foot steps. I yell out "Oh God!!" Chris immediately throws the covers over me and Desi's laughing and holding up his arms for us to pick him up. I'm thinking he probably didn't see anything. Then he cocked his head to the side and with a confused look he said, "What you doing?" I say, "oh we were sleeping baby!" LOL! I couldn't think of anything else! OMG! That was really embarrassing. I hope he was too sleepy to really notice anything. I guess my husband and I will have to start "coloring" immediately after Desi goes to bed. Well, that's all I have for now.

Night Night!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars and a Lesson Learned

Thursday night my husband and I snuck out the house to catch the 11:40p showing of Star Wars! My mother stays at our house during the week to watch Omari so she was fine with staying with the kids while we ran off to be teenagers again. As soon as we put the boys to bed, we rolled out (Roll Out by Ludacris plays here). It was exciting! Sometimes things are so surreal to me that it seems like my life is a movie and I will instantly que music in my head for the relatable scene. I felt a rush come over me while we tiptoed through the house and out the door. It felt like we were being rebellious. We were rebelling against the parental norms for the night. Once we got into the car, we just smiled at each other as I silently melted. His smile is a constant reminder of one of the many reasons why he is my husband. He is so fine (I Love Your Smile by Shauniece plays here)! He said, "You ready baby?" I nodded and we headed for the theater. He thanked me for coming with him and I could...

The Warmth of the Snow

It was a cold and snowy Thursday morning. My icy cold hands fought to get Desi buckled up in his car seat. I gave him a kiss and headed over to my driver's side. I peered across the street and spotted this man walking his dog. I thought to myself, "He's pretty sexy." This overwhelming feeling comes over me and I revert to my school girlish ways. He approaches me with the warmest smile and I soon didn't feel so cold anymore. I am taken into his masculine arms and I am given a gentle kiss. We hold each other as the snow falls all around us. We gaze into each others eyes as we dance to "Down by the Bay" (songs in kid minor). LOL!  That moment with my husband meant so much. It was a rush rush kind of morning and to just take the time to embrace each other helps you to continue to remember the love you have for the one that was there before your child. Once you have a child, life tends to revolve around that little person. However, it is so important for t...

It's Bedtime!

I love the bedtime routine we have set out for Desi. He gets his bath and a good rub down. We say a prayer with daddy and we read 2 books. The first book is always "My Book of Bible Stories" and the second book is "The Snuggliest Snuggle in the World." I bought the second book for Desi when I was 3 months pregnant and I just knew and felt that it was going to be his favorite book. Mommy's intuition did not steer her wrong! He loves the book! He really gets into the voices I make for each character, we point out colors and animals. He will turn the page and when the story is over I say, "The end. Okay close the book Desi." He will, then, close the book. I tell him night night and we go over to the light switch. I tell him to turn the light off and he turns the light off. A moon is projected on the wall so we say goodnight to the moon and I turn on the heartbeat sound on the projector. He gives mommy a hug and I put him in his crib. He holds my hand unti...