Skip to main content

Something Random

Must clean house! If ya'll could see my place right now, you would probably slap me! It has been a crazy week. My husband and I have been getting ready for this event that we were dancing/singing in (he danced and I sang), so we were in and out of the house all week. Desi is the coolest because he hung tough with us through it all. But now even he will say, dirty mommy...clean up (as he nods to gain my approval of his comment). I wish I had a maid and a cook because cooking and cleaning are the two things that I do the most at home. Such wishful thinking will get me nowhere! LOL!

Anyway, Desi helps in his own little way. He  loves to sweep and put his little dishes away. He has also become the little chef. He loves helping with the PBJ's. He will ask me, "Doing mommy?" and I will say (for example), "Oh, mommy's just putting the dishes away." Desi will nod his head and say, "help?" I love it! I just hope that he will continue to offer his help when he gets older.

Okay so, I've got to purge some of Desi's clothes. That is definitely going to be a task. I have to admit that I hate, hate, hate getting rid of the clothes Desi can't fit. It's such a task. I'm going to have to do it though because his room is looking crazy and we can never find clothes that actually fit him because his old clothes are still hanging around. Ugh! Can I just chill on an island somewhere for a minute or two? I just need a moment.

Well, I'm going to close up for the night. Before I do that, here are some cute things Desi is saying.

Turn on muskick! (turn on the music)
Desi has a dolphin shirt and after I put it on him tonight he said, "Golphin!" He pretends to eat them (any fishy looking thing he tries to eat because it reminds him of his favorite snack - goldfish) and says, "eatin da golphin mommy!" Hilarious and disturbing at the same time! LOL!

I know that I've jumped around a lot, but this is not a blog with format. Conversations lack format and that is the feel that I am going for with my posts. Alright, that's it. I'm calling it a night.

Night Night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warmth of the Snow

It was a cold and snowy Thursday morning. My icy cold hands fought to get Desi buckled up in his car seat. I gave him a kiss and headed over to my driver's side. I peered across the street and spotted this man walking his dog. I thought to myself, "He's pretty sexy." This overwhelming feeling comes over me and I revert to my school girlish ways. He approaches me with the warmest smile and I soon didn't feel so cold anymore. I am taken into his masculine arms and I am given a gentle kiss. We hold each other as the snow falls all around us. We gaze into each others eyes as we dance to "Down by the Bay" (songs in kid minor). LOL!  That moment with my husband meant so much. It was a rush rush kind of morning and to just take the time to embrace each other helps you to continue to remember the love you have for the one that was there before your child. Once you have a child, life tends to revolve around that little person. However, it is so important for t...

Star Wars and a Lesson Learned

Thursday night my husband and I snuck out the house to catch the 11:40p showing of Star Wars! My mother stays at our house during the week to watch Omari so she was fine with staying with the kids while we ran off to be teenagers again. As soon as we put the boys to bed, we rolled out (Roll Out by Ludacris plays here). It was exciting! Sometimes things are so surreal to me that it seems like my life is a movie and I will instantly que music in my head for the relatable scene. I felt a rush come over me while we tiptoed through the house and out the door. It felt like we were being rebellious. We were rebelling against the parental norms for the night. Once we got into the car, we just smiled at each other as I silently melted. His smile is a constant reminder of one of the many reasons why he is my husband. He is so fine (I Love Your Smile by Shauniece plays here)! He said, "You ready baby?" I nodded and we headed for the theater. He thanked me for coming with him and I could...

Long Time

It has been a long time since I've blogged. To be honest, I kinda lost interest for a few months. I guess it may have been because no one was reading it. I just happened to look at it today and it sparked up an interest again. I realized how much I just really like writing. So to heck with it. I'm gonna write. I don't care if no one will ever read it. With all that said, let's talk about motherhood. Desmond is 1 1/2 years old! He is busy as ever. He loves playing outdoors, especially in the rain. He says,  "Outside Mommy! Pay, I want pay!" Now who can say no to that? Oh! Wait Wait! I gotta share this first before I go any further. Two days ago, I came home with Desi (after picking him up from daycare). We walked in the house and he greeted our dog as usual. Then he yelled "D-A-A-D-Y!" I told him daddy wasn't home yet. He looked at me and said, "baketball?" How did he know that? Yes, my husband was out playing basketball. But how did h...