Skip to main content

Fishing for Goldfish

Aside from pizza, Desi's favorite food is goldfish. He wakes up asking for these little orange things everyday. He has to have some goldfish. Oh and dare we run out of the little fish. Desi will throw a fit! He'll say, "No, store mommy [daddy] store! Get da go fish!" LOL! He is so demanding. He needs a job!

Chris decided to make a little trail mix for Desi. He mixed some Honey Nut Cheerios, Cheez-Its, and Goldfish (interesting combo) in a bag. Desi loves the little mix. Anyway, yesterday, Desi and I were on our way home. He had his little stash in his lap and was munching away. All of a sudden, he starts whining about the goldfish being gone. I knew there were some in there. I told him he had to look for them. He says, " No mommy! Do it, get da go fish! Peas mommy!" He sounded so panicked--as if his whole world was going to crumble if he didn't get these fish. Because I want him to learn some independence, I insisted that he look harder. He really wanted me to get them for him, but I was driving.

It was getting a little dark outside, so I thought that maybe he couldn't really see what was left in the bag. I turned on the light long enough for him to see. He gasped and giggled and squirmed. "Oh! Go fish mommy! Got da go fish!" He squealed. It was the cutest thing. I was so tickled. I wish I could have recorded his reaction. I turned the light off thinking everything was fine. Was everything fine? No, he couldn't see the fish. "Turn da light off (= light on) mommy! No go fish!" I turn the light on and he squeals and giggles and gasps. So this continued the whole ride yesterday and we did it again today. It has now become a game. He loves it and I love it too because he just has the cutest expressions. That's my little munchie!

What cute things have your children done? Please feel free to share some stories!

Night Night!

Comments

  1. I can't comment but giggle too 2 2 cute love my grandson. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Warmth of the Snow

It was a cold and snowy Thursday morning. My icy cold hands fought to get Desi buckled up in his car seat. I gave him a kiss and headed over to my driver's side. I peered across the street and spotted this man walking his dog. I thought to myself, "He's pretty sexy." This overwhelming feeling comes over me and I revert to my school girlish ways. He approaches me with the warmest smile and I soon didn't feel so cold anymore. I am taken into his masculine arms and I am given a gentle kiss. We hold each other as the snow falls all around us. We gaze into each others eyes as we dance to "Down by the Bay" (songs in kid minor). LOL!  That moment with my husband meant so much. It was a rush rush kind of morning and to just take the time to embrace each other helps you to continue to remember the love you have for the one that was there before your child. Once you have a child, life tends to revolve around that little person. However, it is so important for t...

Star Wars and a Lesson Learned

Thursday night my husband and I snuck out the house to catch the 11:40p showing of Star Wars! My mother stays at our house during the week to watch Omari so she was fine with staying with the kids while we ran off to be teenagers again. As soon as we put the boys to bed, we rolled out (Roll Out by Ludacris plays here). It was exciting! Sometimes things are so surreal to me that it seems like my life is a movie and I will instantly que music in my head for the relatable scene. I felt a rush come over me while we tiptoed through the house and out the door. It felt like we were being rebellious. We were rebelling against the parental norms for the night. Once we got into the car, we just smiled at each other as I silently melted. His smile is a constant reminder of one of the many reasons why he is my husband. He is so fine (I Love Your Smile by Shauniece plays here)! He said, "You ready baby?" I nodded and we headed for the theater. He thanked me for coming with him and I could...

Long Time

It has been a long time since I've blogged. To be honest, I kinda lost interest for a few months. I guess it may have been because no one was reading it. I just happened to look at it today and it sparked up an interest again. I realized how much I just really like writing. So to heck with it. I'm gonna write. I don't care if no one will ever read it. With all that said, let's talk about motherhood. Desmond is 1 1/2 years old! He is busy as ever. He loves playing outdoors, especially in the rain. He says,  "Outside Mommy! Pay, I want pay!" Now who can say no to that? Oh! Wait Wait! I gotta share this first before I go any further. Two days ago, I came home with Desi (after picking him up from daycare). We walked in the house and he greeted our dog as usual. Then he yelled "D-A-A-D-Y!" I told him daddy wasn't home yet. He looked at me and said, "baketball?" How did he know that? Yes, my husband was out playing basketball. But how did h...