Skip to main content

Special Announcement

Alert, Alert!! I would like to announce that my son has officially become a BIG boy. He pee peed in the potty tonight! I can't believe it. So here is how it all went down. Desi was playing around before we got him down for bed. He was playing in the bathroom while I was doing my hair. He decides to get his book and sit down on the potty with his pamper on. Now, we have been sitting him on the potty here and there, but we haven't really enforced the whole potty thing because we wanted to go at HIS pace and not when WE felt he should be doing it (or what the books and others say for that matter). So, at first I was just going to let him sit there with his pamper on because, like all the other times, I felt like he wouldn't do anything on the potty. The other thing was I was too tired to actually take the pamper off and let him sit and do nothing.
Of course, I changed my mind. I had a little inkling of hope. So I nonchalantly slipped Desi's diaper off and placed him back onto the toilet and handed him his book. I sat there looking at my little munchie and thinking about finishing my hair so that I could go to bed. All of a sudden, Desi says, "pee pee?" I look and I saw little droplets of what appeared to be pee pee. I called my husband into the bathroom because I felt as if Desi would have done more. As soon as my husband came into the bathroom, Desi finished peeing. We were so excited! Desi actually peed in the potty! He looked up at us with the biggest smile and was so happy that he did it. Well, I just wanted to share the good news with you all. I am going to get into bed. I am falling asleep as I type this out. Until next time.

Night Night!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Warmth of the Snow

It was a cold and snowy Thursday morning. My icy cold hands fought to get Desi buckled up in his car seat. I gave him a kiss and headed over to my driver's side. I peered across the street and spotted this man walking his dog. I thought to myself, "He's pretty sexy." This overwhelming feeling comes over me and I revert to my school girlish ways. He approaches me with the warmest smile and I soon didn't feel so cold anymore. I am taken into his masculine arms and I am given a gentle kiss. We hold each other as the snow falls all around us. We gaze into each others eyes as we dance to "Down by the Bay" (songs in kid minor). LOL!  That moment with my husband meant so much. It was a rush rush kind of morning and to just take the time to embrace each other helps you to continue to remember the love you have for the one that was there before your child. Once you have a child, life tends to revolve around that little person. However, it is so important for t...

Star Wars and a Lesson Learned

Thursday night my husband and I snuck out the house to catch the 11:40p showing of Star Wars! My mother stays at our house during the week to watch Omari so she was fine with staying with the kids while we ran off to be teenagers again. As soon as we put the boys to bed, we rolled out (Roll Out by Ludacris plays here). It was exciting! Sometimes things are so surreal to me that it seems like my life is a movie and I will instantly que music in my head for the relatable scene. I felt a rush come over me while we tiptoed through the house and out the door. It felt like we were being rebellious. We were rebelling against the parental norms for the night. Once we got into the car, we just smiled at each other as I silently melted. His smile is a constant reminder of one of the many reasons why he is my husband. He is so fine (I Love Your Smile by Shauniece plays here)! He said, "You ready baby?" I nodded and we headed for the theater. He thanked me for coming with him and I could...

Long Time

It has been a long time since I've blogged. To be honest, I kinda lost interest for a few months. I guess it may have been because no one was reading it. I just happened to look at it today and it sparked up an interest again. I realized how much I just really like writing. So to heck with it. I'm gonna write. I don't care if no one will ever read it. With all that said, let's talk about motherhood. Desmond is 1 1/2 years old! He is busy as ever. He loves playing outdoors, especially in the rain. He says,  "Outside Mommy! Pay, I want pay!" Now who can say no to that? Oh! Wait Wait! I gotta share this first before I go any further. Two days ago, I came home with Desi (after picking him up from daycare). We walked in the house and he greeted our dog as usual. Then he yelled "D-A-A-D-Y!" I told him daddy wasn't home yet. He looked at me and said, "baketball?" How did he know that? Yes, my husband was out playing basketball. But how did h...