Skip to main content

At the Spa

Hello mothers! I've been looking forward to this post all day. There was a situation that occurred two nights ago that got me thinking about how much time and energy we as mothers put out for our families. Let me explain (bear with me please. I have a hard time getting to the point).
I had to get gas two nights ago. Desi came along with me because my husband was visiting one of his friends. Anyway, I was thirsty, so I brought a cup of juice with me. I did not realize that I had my headset in the cup holder. Well, the plug poked a hole through my cup and, long story short, I ended up with a cup holder full of juice. I wanted to scream, but I held my composure. I was pretty upset though because the juice was REALLY good. I got my gas and everything and once I got back home, I put Desi to sleep and proceeded to gear up for this mess I made in my car. I did not feel like doing it, but who wants to ride around with juice in their cup holder? I turned on my music and started cleaning. I stopped in mid-cleaning because I realized that I was enjoying myself. I felt very relaxed and it felt good to have a moment to myself. You would have thought that I was at the spa or something! It was so peaceful. I did not really know that I actually needed that moment to myself. I've been going and going and going so much lately. It's a rarity that I'll have a moment to myself. I can't even go to the bathroom without Desi saying, "M-O-M-M-Y! Pee Pee?" So I didn't rush my night time cleaning. I took my time and soaked in my alone time. Is that crazy? I know I am not the only one in the motherhood who has had a "spa moment". What was your spa moment? How often would you have these moments?
I am thinking I need some "me" time in the very near future. Until then, I will appreciate the little moments that pop up throughout the day.

Night Night




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warmth of the Snow

It was a cold and snowy Thursday morning. My icy cold hands fought to get Desi buckled up in his car seat. I gave him a kiss and headed over to my driver's side. I peered across the street and spotted this man walking his dog. I thought to myself, "He's pretty sexy." This overwhelming feeling comes over me and I revert to my school girlish ways. He approaches me with the warmest smile and I soon didn't feel so cold anymore. I am taken into his masculine arms and I am given a gentle kiss. We hold each other as the snow falls all around us. We gaze into each others eyes as we dance to "Down by the Bay" (songs in kid minor). LOL!  That moment with my husband meant so much. It was a rush rush kind of morning and to just take the time to embrace each other helps you to continue to remember the love you have for the one that was there before your child. Once you have a child, life tends to revolve around that little person. However, it is so important for t...

Star Wars and a Lesson Learned

Thursday night my husband and I snuck out the house to catch the 11:40p showing of Star Wars! My mother stays at our house during the week to watch Omari so she was fine with staying with the kids while we ran off to be teenagers again. As soon as we put the boys to bed, we rolled out (Roll Out by Ludacris plays here). It was exciting! Sometimes things are so surreal to me that it seems like my life is a movie and I will instantly que music in my head for the relatable scene. I felt a rush come over me while we tiptoed through the house and out the door. It felt like we were being rebellious. We were rebelling against the parental norms for the night. Once we got into the car, we just smiled at each other as I silently melted. His smile is a constant reminder of one of the many reasons why he is my husband. He is so fine (I Love Your Smile by Shauniece plays here)! He said, "You ready baby?" I nodded and we headed for the theater. He thanked me for coming with him and I could...

Long Time

It has been a long time since I've blogged. To be honest, I kinda lost interest for a few months. I guess it may have been because no one was reading it. I just happened to look at it today and it sparked up an interest again. I realized how much I just really like writing. So to heck with it. I'm gonna write. I don't care if no one will ever read it. With all that said, let's talk about motherhood. Desmond is 1 1/2 years old! He is busy as ever. He loves playing outdoors, especially in the rain. He says,  "Outside Mommy! Pay, I want pay!" Now who can say no to that? Oh! Wait Wait! I gotta share this first before I go any further. Two days ago, I came home with Desi (after picking him up from daycare). We walked in the house and he greeted our dog as usual. Then he yelled "D-A-A-D-Y!" I told him daddy wasn't home yet. He looked at me and said, "baketball?" How did he know that? Yes, my husband was out playing basketball. But how did h...