Skip to main content

Sweet Serenity

I had a really bad day today at work. I would go into detail, but that would probably come back and bite me in the butt. Let's just say that I was highly irritated and so overly joyed that 4:15 pm rolled around when it did because I didn't think I was going to make it. Coming home to my family after work is so refreshing and such a blessing. It helps me to see the bigger picture, which shows that there is more to life than your 9-5! My beautiful baby boy greeted at the door with a big hug and my loving husband greeted me with a wonderful kiss. Most funniest moment of the evening was trying to get Desi to take his medicine (he's fighting a little bug). Chris, my husband, says, "Okay, so I am gonna come up with a little concoction since Desi won't  drink this by itself." It was hilarious because we were trying to hide what we were doing from Desi. Chris mixed Desi's cherry medicine with apple juice. Chris handed Desi the drink and said excitedly, "Desi, juice! Mmm, it's good!" Desi sipped the ingredients and told Chris to taste it. They continued to insist that one or the other have a taste. Soon Tyson (our dog) walks in and Desi tries to offer Tyson the drink. "Here Tysee, here!" LOL! It was so funny. Precious moments they these have become. 

So right now I am winding down in my bed with my sick son and he keeps saying, "doing? doing?" with the biggest smile on his face. "Mommy? Doing?" Baby boy, I am forgetting about all the mess on my job as I gaze into your beaming eyes and melt in your smile. Thank you Jehovah God for this moment of clarity. Thank you for this wonderful boy of mine. 

Night Night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warmth of the Snow

It was a cold and snowy Thursday morning. My icy cold hands fought to get Desi buckled up in his car seat. I gave him a kiss and headed over to my driver's side. I peered across the street and spotted this man walking his dog. I thought to myself, "He's pretty sexy." This overwhelming feeling comes over me and I revert to my school girlish ways. He approaches me with the warmest smile and I soon didn't feel so cold anymore. I am taken into his masculine arms and I am given a gentle kiss. We hold each other as the snow falls all around us. We gaze into each others eyes as we dance to "Down by the Bay" (songs in kid minor). LOL!  That moment with my husband meant so much. It was a rush rush kind of morning and to just take the time to embrace each other helps you to continue to remember the love you have for the one that was there before your child. Once you have a child, life tends to revolve around that little person. However, it is so important for t...

Star Wars and a Lesson Learned

Thursday night my husband and I snuck out the house to catch the 11:40p showing of Star Wars! My mother stays at our house during the week to watch Omari so she was fine with staying with the kids while we ran off to be teenagers again. As soon as we put the boys to bed, we rolled out (Roll Out by Ludacris plays here). It was exciting! Sometimes things are so surreal to me that it seems like my life is a movie and I will instantly que music in my head for the relatable scene. I felt a rush come over me while we tiptoed through the house and out the door. It felt like we were being rebellious. We were rebelling against the parental norms for the night. Once we got into the car, we just smiled at each other as I silently melted. His smile is a constant reminder of one of the many reasons why he is my husband. He is so fine (I Love Your Smile by Shauniece plays here)! He said, "You ready baby?" I nodded and we headed for the theater. He thanked me for coming with him and I could...

Long Time

It has been a long time since I've blogged. To be honest, I kinda lost interest for a few months. I guess it may have been because no one was reading it. I just happened to look at it today and it sparked up an interest again. I realized how much I just really like writing. So to heck with it. I'm gonna write. I don't care if no one will ever read it. With all that said, let's talk about motherhood. Desmond is 1 1/2 years old! He is busy as ever. He loves playing outdoors, especially in the rain. He says,  "Outside Mommy! Pay, I want pay!" Now who can say no to that? Oh! Wait Wait! I gotta share this first before I go any further. Two days ago, I came home with Desi (after picking him up from daycare). We walked in the house and he greeted our dog as usual. Then he yelled "D-A-A-D-Y!" I told him daddy wasn't home yet. He looked at me and said, "baketball?" How did he know that? Yes, my husband was out playing basketball. But how did h...