Skip to main content

My Weekend With Thomas and James

I met Thomas and James at the store this past Friday. Desi became instant friends with them so I just had to bring them home. I had no idea that they would become inseparable. Okay, so Thomas and James are not real people, in fact, they are trains ("Thomas and Friends"). I bought them for Desi since he is so into that show. Well, I never thought that he would become so attached to these toys.

I am sitting here in my kitchen amusing myself over the fact that I have 3 children now and Desi has some great new friends to keep him company. I had to bathe Thomas and James, I had to feed them, I had to give them something to drink--everything Desi needed to do, he insisted that Thomas and James do it too. It's pretty cute. He goes to bed with them, one on each side of his pillow. He rides around with them when we're  out running errands. I think he is building a lifelong friendship with these two. I am glad I brought them together. LOL!

I enjoy seeing him so enthused about his new toys, but it makes me wonder if he is lonely. Maybe he needs a brother or sister for companionship. I'm not sure. I mean, I have been bitten by the baby bug. I am not going to deny the fact that I would love to have another one. However, with this economy we would really need to count the cost. One child is definitely a challenge. How would it be with two? Sometimes I can't even handle Desi and our dog together without getting frustrated. My husband starts stuttering when I even mention a baby. It takes him a while to come around to certain things. He is a very analytic thinker and he is all about having a plan A, B, C, D AND the E. I am going back and forth with the thought. I would love for us to make a solid decision about this before I am 30, so we'll see. Anyway, gotta go!


Night Night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warmth of the Snow

It was a cold and snowy Thursday morning. My icy cold hands fought to get Desi buckled up in his car seat. I gave him a kiss and headed over to my driver's side. I peered across the street and spotted this man walking his dog. I thought to myself, "He's pretty sexy." This overwhelming feeling comes over me and I revert to my school girlish ways. He approaches me with the warmest smile and I soon didn't feel so cold anymore. I am taken into his masculine arms and I am given a gentle kiss. We hold each other as the snow falls all around us. We gaze into each others eyes as we dance to "Down by the Bay" (songs in kid minor). LOL!  That moment with my husband meant so much. It was a rush rush kind of morning and to just take the time to embrace each other helps you to continue to remember the love you have for the one that was there before your child. Once you have a child, life tends to revolve around that little person. However, it is so important for t...

Star Wars and a Lesson Learned

Thursday night my husband and I snuck out the house to catch the 11:40p showing of Star Wars! My mother stays at our house during the week to watch Omari so she was fine with staying with the kids while we ran off to be teenagers again. As soon as we put the boys to bed, we rolled out (Roll Out by Ludacris plays here). It was exciting! Sometimes things are so surreal to me that it seems like my life is a movie and I will instantly que music in my head for the relatable scene. I felt a rush come over me while we tiptoed through the house and out the door. It felt like we were being rebellious. We were rebelling against the parental norms for the night. Once we got into the car, we just smiled at each other as I silently melted. His smile is a constant reminder of one of the many reasons why he is my husband. He is so fine (I Love Your Smile by Shauniece plays here)! He said, "You ready baby?" I nodded and we headed for the theater. He thanked me for coming with him and I could...

Long Time

It has been a long time since I've blogged. To be honest, I kinda lost interest for a few months. I guess it may have been because no one was reading it. I just happened to look at it today and it sparked up an interest again. I realized how much I just really like writing. So to heck with it. I'm gonna write. I don't care if no one will ever read it. With all that said, let's talk about motherhood. Desmond is 1 1/2 years old! He is busy as ever. He loves playing outdoors, especially in the rain. He says,  "Outside Mommy! Pay, I want pay!" Now who can say no to that? Oh! Wait Wait! I gotta share this first before I go any further. Two days ago, I came home with Desi (after picking him up from daycare). We walked in the house and he greeted our dog as usual. Then he yelled "D-A-A-D-Y!" I told him daddy wasn't home yet. He looked at me and said, "baketball?" How did he know that? Yes, my husband was out playing basketball. But how did h...