Skip to main content

What is This Feeling?

Okay, so today started off very well. Me and the little guy visited my sister and her kids. We had a fun day at the pool. It was Desi's first time at the pool and he really enjoyed the water. After that, Desi and I head home and I leave him there with his daddy because I was off to get a massage. One of my dear friends treated me to this AMAZING massage and I tell you, it was just what the doctor ordered!

You would think that my mood would be light, right? No, as soon as I get home from my "calgon take me away" session, I am little sad. Maybe it's due to the fact that I didn't get any sleep last night. I kept getting up to check on Desi. I am trying to get him to sleep on his own (my husband and I love for our little one to sleep in the bed with us). He was sleeping in his bassinet so peacefully, but I guess you could say that I was really missing his presence in our bed because I was dead awake! LOL! I kept checking to see if he was going to wake up, and if he was breathing okay. Crazy, huh? Now I know I am not the only one out there in the "motherhood" acting this way. Please tell me I'm not.

Anyway, back to my sad mood. I can't quite figure it out. All night, my husband has been trying to make me smile and I am thankful for his efforts, but man o' man is he irritating me! He says that I better be happy that he is trying so hard to make me happy because not alot of men would take the time. He's right...I need to stop trippin! He just gave me some chocolate ya'll! I'm smilin' :-). My Dove moment - EXPRESS YOURSELF, that's exactly what I am doing. Thank you Dove. Okay, so I've drowned my sorrows in 3 pieces of lovely, milky chocolate. Things aren't too bad. I don't know, sometimes I just have those moments where I am sad, but it doesn't last long. Maybe my hormones are still out of whack from pregnancy and birth. How long does it take for things to level out?

Alright, I am going to bed. I gotta stop blogging so late. Goodnight. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warmth of the Snow

It was a cold and snowy Thursday morning. My icy cold hands fought to get Desi buckled up in his car seat. I gave him a kiss and headed over to my driver's side. I peered across the street and spotted this man walking his dog. I thought to myself, "He's pretty sexy." This overwhelming feeling comes over me and I revert to my school girlish ways. He approaches me with the warmest smile and I soon didn't feel so cold anymore. I am taken into his masculine arms and I am given a gentle kiss. We hold each other as the snow falls all around us. We gaze into each others eyes as we dance to "Down by the Bay" (songs in kid minor). LOL!  That moment with my husband meant so much. It was a rush rush kind of morning and to just take the time to embrace each other helps you to continue to remember the love you have for the one that was there before your child. Once you have a child, life tends to revolve around that little person. However, it is so important for t...

Self Discovery

I just discovered something about myself. I am not as confident in myself as I thought I was. I went to dinner with my cousin and a few other family members the other night. We were discussing each other's personality. My beautiful and very talented cousin mentioned that I am one that second guesses myself. She then gives an example. She asked me to set up the gift baskets for her product line (Endless Touch). I take on the task and proceed to ask her how she would like it set up. Although it is nice that I asked, but she was extremely busy. I should have just taken the initiative and dressed those baskets up with confidence. She is 100% right and hearing her say it out loud confirmed my suspicions about myself. It was all clear. When she asked me to set those baskets up, I had an idea of how I would have liked it to look, but I didn't believe that idea would be received well, so I asked for her vision instead. This is just an example on a smaller sc...

Poop Catcher

Hello!! I've been gone for a while, but for good reason. I was studying for my state exam for my insurance license. I passed! I am now licensed to write and sell auto and home policies. Woo hoo! So I got my life back. Hubby was so great during this time. He took care of everything and supported me tremendously. Now, Desi was supportive as well. He would join in on my studies. "Want to study with chew mommy," he would say. When I passed, he said "Good job mommy! So proud of you!" (of course daddy coached him). It just warmed my heart. Anyway,  I have to share this hilarious story with you all. One night, earlier last week, we are trying to get Desi to poop in the toilet.  He just refused to sit his little butt down on the seat. We knew he had to poop, so we really wanted him to get on the toilet. My husband was speaking with his mother on the phone and she heard the commotion. She suggested that we just let him go pamperless for the night before going to bed. T...